20101030

Poker Night

With two items of clothing down, I started work on the penultimate piece. Hopefully, my outfit will be ready for tomorrow night's party. Here's to a Saturday of sewing...

Anyway, tonight, Josh, Karl, Alex and Tayler turned up for a game of Texas Hold'em Poker. Wasn't a bad game for five-handed, and the order in which you read them – if you read conventionally – is the order in which they busted. Alex was especially impressive, lasting almost the entire game with 20 big blinds. Tayler and I could've gone on for hours, had it not been for his kings full of sixes versus my four sixes, which took us from about level stacks to a skew in my favour.

In other news, several updates on my once-brilliant Ubuntu machine – upgrading from 8.10 to 9.10 – eventually terminated with a failed attempt to upgrade to 10.04 LTS. The attempt failed due to a lack of disk-space; ultimately, this was caused by bad sectors on my 120GB hard disk which restrict me from actually moving partitions to wherever I want. Free software is great, if you at least have money for new hardware. Never mind, this still works.

Well, at least poker went well. Night froods!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.