20101017

9.6 seconds

I finally beat my original 2000m indoor rowing time today. After missing my lift from Bob due to a peculiar dream that kept me dormant until 1120, I eventually got to the club at 1150, after having some much needed bacon. Within a half hour, I was on the machine, and rowing the best I've ever rowed on one, cutting my time from 8:21.0 to 8:11.4. That's the 9.6 seconds you've read about.

In other news, my attempted install of Ubuntu server failed. This is due to a lack of support for my i686 infrastructure. I may have to use 8.04 or 8.10 instead. The ideal plan is to get a new build, then use this laptop to connect to the server, not as the server itself.

I've begun work on the Common Application today. That's America's answer to UCAS. It'll cover my Harvard, Princeton and Stanford applications, hence speed up my progress with the flowchart of academia, which now covers my entire whiteboard.

My mother certainly deserves commendations for another brilliant Sunday roast, with mashed potato, sausages and all. It's thanks to such a dinner – and my progress in rowing and completion of the flowchart's primary function – that overall, I'm in a pretty good mood today. I've been edgy as of late, for which I do not apologize. Edginess is a fine component of the human condition: a truly excellent defence mechanism.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.