20101023

Duality

Today may have been a good day. It rests on the decision of MIT's admissions office. I had an interview today with an MIT Alumnus as part of the admissions process. I thought it went well enough. I may not find out how well it went until next April. Currently, today is both good and bad, just as Schrödinger’s Cat is both dead and alive.

I also did a little shopping, including my latest purchase to make Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor bearable: new headphones. The old ones broke – darned things. Now, all is right with my world as I'm listening to the Batman Begins/Dark Knight soundtracks. Big love to The Caped Crusader and his associated music.

Whilst I'm reminiscing on The Dark Knight, I feel like mentioning the approaching dark nights. English is such a pretty language, especially when trying to make a link from Batman to winter.

I adore winters. I've lived through 17 of them, including that one I was born halfway through. Their perpetual ability to upset the futile masses is somewhat amusing. Here approaches the dawn of winter, the dusk of the year. I'll tail off before my melodrama cannibalizes itself in a bout of irony, and remind everyone that it's still only fall: it is not yet cold.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.