20100924

To be a rock and not to roll.

And so, with three weeks to go until the deadline for UCAS applications to Cambridge, my personal statement is still leaving something to be desired. That something just so happens to be a personal statement.

I made a start on it, but, seriously, do they want modesty and showmanship, personality and humility? I can do all kinds of things with words, but writing a personal statement truly is a challenge.

Anyway, tonight was Alex's first gig! It was awesome - the band played some right good tunes. Not left good, but right good. Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, ACDC, Fleetwood Mac, loads more, and even 2 4 6 8 Motorway.

Tomorrow, that formidable regatta in Durham. I'd best get some kip before the 0700 rise. Oh, and I've committed myself to writing a newspaper article about it. Stay tuned!

Read my earlier post featuring An extract from Rijako

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.