20101101

Hallucination

My brain's getting cleverer. I mean to say, my subconscious is getting cleverer. Throughout the summer, I began being able to wake up from within dreams, given that I could realize it was, in fact, a dream. At first, this was quite simple: various otherwise impossible stimuli could reveal the fictitious nature of my hallucination, such as the duplication of people I know or the incredibly unlikely appearance of just one person. Strangely, a few weeks ago, a dream which should have set sirens blazing managed to keep me busy for quite sometime. I think my brain managed this deceit by making everything a little less detailed.

Today, ye olde subconscious tried a new trick: making things much more real. It took me to school, put me in a Physics lesson, and let me go home early. The façade was going well, until I realized I'd forgotten to go to French. Suddenly, Mr Brain couldn't decide whether to let me keep walking home or put me back in school. Obviously, the ensuing confusion alerted my senses and I even realized that I hadn't even gone to school, then I felt the sick realization that I hadn't yet woken up. Hence, I woke up, albeit late for French. Conscious one, subconscious nil.

Unfortunately, I did go to school in real life, and, frankly, it's becoming increasingly tiresome. I'll be glad of the new horizons awaiting me at whichever University chooses to have me.

Enough mindless blabber for tonight. Night interpeeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.