20120128

To Dress A Mathematician

In all honesty, I'm not sure whether I'm going for a To Kill A Mockingbird thing there, in which case I'm implying that dressing a mathematician is a sin, or perhaps it's a Batman Begins affair, in which case one has to become a mathematician to conquer the inordinate challenge of dressing one of them.

Insanity aside, the title refers to JJ's seemingly impossible task today, as we went to Leamington on a mission to take out the renegade Lieutenant Fashion Sense, first name Lack Of. My mother will vouch that this has always been a difficult and sometimes harrowing endeavour, and she had given up on dressing me by the time I hit adult size shoes. JJ, however, did manage to find a few items that suited me, but they, amazingly, weren't trench coats or Converse. What with that and going to a club last night, I figure I may start accidentally blending into society.

Fortunately, however, I did turn down burger at the club – yep, that's how good Kasbah is, they had a barbecue type affair in the smoking area – because I'm currently vegetarian. I don't think I've mentioned that, but I am now one with that freaky tribe of people. I should probably stop offending them, but I attack maths students and mock men of my height for being short, so I wouldn't want to give the environmentally benevolent herbivores any preferential treatment.

Moreover, to counteract no longer appearing to be a science fiction character all of the time – The Doctor, Darth Vader, Captain Jack Harkness, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Dr Emmett Brown and Batman all wear particularly long coats, or, you know, capes – I'm writing a blog post declaring my love for looking like a pillock.

The nonconformity balance is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.