20120311

By Any Other Name

I've ordered pasta from Pizza Hut. I've had pizzas from Shire Chippy. I've drank lemonade made by Coca-Cola. When I eat a Mars bar, I don't expect red rocks or the bringer of war. I have never yet expected intelligent conversation from Smarties.

If I pick up The Sun in the morning, I don't expect to burn myself, nor to find it incredibly massive and one astronomical unit away. I don't expect to have The Daily Mail delivered daily, nor the Express to run faster than the rest. The Guardian does not watch over me, and neither does The Observer see what I'm doing. I have never yet expected The Times to be a world clock.

This was going to be a lot longer and cover more than food and newspapers, but since the notion against which I was attempting to make a point is increasingly rearing its ugly head, I must endeavour to spread the word as quickly as possible.

Yes, "Marvel Avengers Assemble" is an idiotic name for anything but an action figure collection, or one of those overpriced collect-one-piece-each-week magazines, but, really, who gives a fuck? It's just a name.

1 comment:

If you particularly enjoyed today's instalment from my brain, let my brain know by posting a comment. Especially let me know if my brain made a mistake during its nattering, as I will need to give it disciplinary action.